Date: 23 & 24 Nov 2011, Wed & Thurs
Time: 9.00 am 5.00 pm
Venue: Eastin Hotel, Petaling Jaya
Certificate of attendance awarded for those who complete the course
Communicating effectively on the telephone is a unique skill. First impressions can make a difference to your customers and therefore your business. Effective call handling skills improves your customer experience, cash flow, sales figures, creates opportunities and minimises complaints, call waiting times and customer frustrations. Calls that are handled professionally can save cost & time by creating positive experience for the caller – The feel “being taken care of” without even being physically present there. Companies that can provide this feeling are able to build better customer relationships for long term and enjoy the benefits that come with it. Poor handling of calls via telephone can lead to low expectations of the product or service being offered by the company.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Opening and closing calls clearly and professionally
- Mentally prepared & Focused in handling calls
- Create good first impressions & build rapport with caller
- Tips for building trust over the telephone
- The importance of voice and attitude
- Understand the needs of customers
- How to sound confident and helpful.
- Make appropriate handovers and re-route calls
- Use effective questioning to understand callers expectations
- Understand when to listen & when to speak
- Take and relay messages accurately
- Structuring and controlling a call
- Have a standard format for consistency and professionalism over the phone
- Confidence in dealing with a wide variety of telephone calls
- Mode of Communication & Perceptions created
- Cost of Failures
- Clarifying Roles & Objectives of Call handler
- Callers Objectives
- Callers Common complaints
- Service mindset
- Managing Your Moods & Space
- Mental Preparations
- Telephone Areas
Managing Expectations – Two way Communications
- Creating Impressions
- Building Rapport & Projecting Credibility
- Positive Vocabulary/ Choice of Words
- Questioning Techniques
- Listening Skills : Understand before being understood
- Using your voice effectively -Voice, Tone , Style
Guidelines in Handling Calls Professionally
- Using your voice effectively -Voice, Tone , Style
- Receiving Incoming calls
- Screening calls
- Making outgoing calls
- Transferring Calls
- Placing calls on Hold
- Challenging Calls / Difficult Caller/Complaints
- Ending Prolonged calls
- Tackling Interruptions
- Taking Messages
Voice Mail Etiquette
- Voice Mail Greetings
- Checking & Returning Calls
- Leaving Voice Messages
- Voice Mail Defaults
- Corrective Actions for Mistakes
- Identified the strengths and weaknesses of your telephone styles and techniques
- Develop Action plan
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Heads of Departments, Training Managers, Training Executives, HR Managers, HR Executives, In-House Trainers and anyone involved in the analyzing, designing and implementing of training and development in their organization.
An interactive and practical approach incorporating group discussions/exercises, case study, presentations and role plays.
- q LLB (HONS) – UNIVERSITY OF LONDON.
- q MBA (INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT) -ASIA PACIFIC INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE NEW ZEALAND.
Vanaja Sangarajoo has over 16 years of working experience in various industries. She assumed positions of Head of Customer Service & Customer Quality Control, Human Resource Development Manager and Head of Organisation Development as well lecturing in various business sectors, including Education, Telecommunication, and Property Development & Construction.
Some of the portfolios that she has undertaken during her tenure in the various organisations ranges from Writing policies & procedures, Setting up departments, Implementing Human Resources initiatives, Conducting customer satisfaction surveys, Organisation health assessments, Establishing customer driven goals & objectives, Implementing quality initiatives, Complains management , Recruitment & Selection, Learning & Growth initiatives, Standardization of methods and practices , Induction Programs ,Creating and implementing Change Management plans that minimize employee resistance and maximize employee engagement
She strongly believes in People Management Practices and Learning & Growth principle as being one of the key elements for organisations to succeed. She has acted as change agent, with a flair for spotting and analysing problems and opportunities to guide top management in their efforts to transform and change the culture in the organisation.
Her area of expertise is to develop the company’s internal capacity through its people to most efficiently and effectively sustain itself over the long term as well as developing & implementing organisational transformation strategy intended to change the beliefs, attitudes, values and structure of organizations so that they can better adapt to new challenges.
You can register by completing the enclosed form and faxing it to 03 7806 5913
RM 980.00 per person –SBL Claimable (includes Lunch, Tea-Breaks, Course Notes and Certificate of Completion)
ORGANISER/ CONTACT PERSONS
Malaysian Export Academy
306, Block C, Glomac Business Centre,
Jalan SS 6/1, Kelana Jaya,
47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Tel : 03 7806 5595 / 96 / Fax : 03 7806 5913 / Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Person : Hj. Moh’d Ali Jinnah