Date: Friday, 9th DEcember 2011
Time: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Venue: Prince Hotel & Residence Kuala Lumpur
Many projects fail and many organizations and groups collapse when the leaders of these groups fail as leaders. Resources are wasted, great ideas not realized and visions are not fulfilled. When the
leadership is poor, the people in the team are not motivated and they fail to perform better. The morale and spirit of the team members deteriorates and there is general unhappiness. Leadership can make the difference between success and failure in anything that one does for herself or for any group to which she belongs.
The aim of the workshop is to help participants to know what leadership is and to develop the essential qualities of effective leadership. It will guide participants to identify the common mistakes of leaders and this will prevent them from making the same mistakes.
This workshop will enable participants to acquire the essential skills for leadership. It will provide them with ways to develop team spirit and show them how to appreciate the people in their team. Participants will also be provided with guidelines for effective leadership. They will leave the workshop with ways to create a personal impact and with a better leadership style.
- Define leadership and describe what is leading
- Develop the essential qualities of effective leadership
- State the common mistakes of leaders
- Identify the expectations of team members
- Apply measures to enhance energy and enthusiasm
- Take on leadership roles with greater confidence
- Apply strategies to make people feel appreciated
- Implement measures to inspire and influence team members
- Use effective communication strategies
- Apply strategies to lead change and create a change mind-set in team members
- Definition and Importance of Leadership
- Essential Qualities of Effective Leadership
- Key Skills and Competencies of Effective Leaders
- Common Mistakes of Leaders
- Ways to Make People Feel Appreciated
- Communication for Leaders
- Developing Energy, Enthusiasm and Engagement
- Inspiring and Influencing Others
- Leading Change and Creating A Change Mind-Set
- Guidelines for Effective Leadership
This workshop is highly interactive and fun-filled. There will be presentations followed by individual, pair work and group exercises. Participants will have many opportunities to be involved in small-group activities. Participants will be engaged in various tasks which include completing questionnaires and games.
Who Should Attend:
- Administrative & Operations Manager
- Business Manager
- Business Development/Sales Professional
- Communications Manager
- Corporate Administrator
- Customer Service Manager
- Executive Office Administrator
- HR Manager
- HR Training Specialist
- Office Manager
- Office Services Coordinator
- Senior Secretaries/Executive Assistant/PA
- Supervisor/Team Leader
- Senior Support Staff
- New Hire Manager/Supervisor or any other professional woman who would like to develop effective leadership and management skills
About the Trainer – Zaibun Siraj
Zaibun Siraj is one of Singapore’s most sought-after and effective trainers, motivational speaker and the author of critically-acclaimed books on management and happiness. Her workshops and her talks, renowned for their energy, fun, and thorough knowledge of the subject, have delighted multinational corporations, statutory bodies, academic staff, teachers, professionals, and instructors
of the armed forces.
The books she has written include Managing Oneself: Footprints to Success (for the National Youth Achievement Award Council); Zany, Zeal, Zest and Zing: The Z Way to Happiness (published by World Scientific); The Good Teaching Handbook and Strategies to Develop Positive Attitudes to Work and Study (Ngee Ann Polytechnic).
She has written and spoken extensively on various issues related to education, leadership, success, self-esteem, motivation, time management, positive thinking, effective presentations, parenting,
humour at the workplace, laughter and women.
Zaibun’s entire career has been devoted to education excellence. She has previously served as Head of the Educational Development Centre; Director, Excellence in Teaching; Director, International Liaison Unit, Director, International Students Centre and Training Consultant at Ngee Ann Polytechnic. 1n 2009 she set up a company offering training and speaking services.
Awarded the UNESCO Fellowship in 1983, Zaibun has degrees and diplomas in Arts and Education from Universities in Britain, Malaysia and Singapore. Over the years she has assisted twenty schools and junior colleges formulate their Strategic Plans. In 1995 she was invited to be a consultant in Educational Development to the Canberra Institute of Technology in Canberra, Australia. Zaibun was a consultant on in-service training for teachers for the Singapore Ministry of Education.
In 2002 she completed a consultancy project in Methods of Instruction for the trainers in the Singapore Armed Forces.