Date: 11 September 2012
Time: 09.00 am to 05.00 pm
Venue: Eastin Hotel, Petaling Jaya
Certificate of Attendance will be awarded for those who complete the course (SBL / HRDF Claimable)
Communicating effectively on the telephone is a unique skill. First impressions can make a difference to your customers and therefore your business. Effective call handling skills improves your customer experience, cash flow, sales figures, creates opportunities and minimises complaints, call waiting times and customer frustrations. Calls that are handled professionally can save cost & time by creating positive experience for the caller – The feel “being taken care of” without even being physically present there. Companies that can provide this feeling are able to build better customer relationships for long term and enjoy the benefits that come with it. Poor handling of calls via telephone can lead to low expectations of the product or service being offered by the company.
At the end of the course participants shall be able to
- Handle opening and closing calls clearly and Professionally
- Mentally prepared & Focused in handling calls
- Use effective questioning to understand callers expectations
- Understand when to listen & when to speak
- Create good first impressions & build rapport with Caller
- Have a standard format for consistency and professionalism over the phone
- Transmit confident in dealing with a wide variety of telephone calls
1. Understanding Expectations
- Communication & Perceptions
- Cost of Failures
- Clarifying Roles & Objectives of Call handler
- Callers Objectives
- Callers Common complaints
2. Managing Your Moods & Space
- Mental Preparations
- Telephone Areas
3. Managing Expectations – Creating Impressions
- Building Rapport & Projecting Credibility
- Using your Voice Professionally
- Positive Vocabulary/ Choice of Words
- Questioning Techniques
- Listening Skills : Understand before being understood
4. Guidelines in Handling Calls Professionally
- Receiving Incoming calls
- Screening calls
- Making outgoing calls
- Transferring Calls
- Placing calls on Hold
- Challenging Calls / Difficult Caller / Complaints
- Ending Prolonged calls
- Tackling Interruptions
- Taking Messages
Who Should Attend?
Front Desk Officer, Customer Service Personnel, Receptionist, Secretaries, Telemarketers, Telephone Operators, Clerks, Supervisors, Officers and all those who need to communicate with others in their daily work via telephone.
An interactive and practical approach incorporating group discussions/exercises, presentations and role plays.
RM 750.00 per person – SBL / HRDF Claimable (include morning & afternoon tea break, lunch, notes and certificate of attendance)
- LLB (HONS) – University Of London.
- MBA (INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT) –Asia Pacific International Institute New Zealand.
- CERTIFICATE IN STRATEGIC HR TRANSFORMATION & ORGANISATION DEVELOPMENT – Pennsylvania State University
- CERTIFICATION IN TRAINING (TTT/2776) – Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad
Vanaja has over 18 years of working experience in various industries ranging from Education, Telecommunication, Property Development and Construction. She assumed positions as Head of Customer Quality Control, Head of Business Architecture, Head of Human Resource Development, Head of Organisation Development and also as a Lecturer.
Some of the portfolios that she has undertaken during her tenure in the various organisations includes :- Writing policies & procedures, Setting up departments, Implementing Human Resources initiatives, Conducting customer satisfaction surveys, Organisation health assessments, Establishing Company driven goals & objectives, Implementing Quality initiatives, Complaints/Grievance Management, Recruitment & Selection, Learning & Growth initiatives, Standardization of methods and practices, Induction Programs, Creating and implementing Change Management plans that minimize employee resistance and maximize employee engagement.
She strongly believes in People Management Practices and Learning & Growth principle as being one of the key elements for organisations to succeed. She has acted as change agent, with a flair for spotting, analyzing problems and opportunities to guide top management in their efforts to transform and change the culture in the organisation.
Her area of expertise is to train & develop the company’s internal capacity through its people to most efficiently and effectively sustain itself over the long term as well as developing & implementing organisational transformation strategy intended to change the beliefs, attitudes, values and structure of organizations so that they can better adapt to new challenges.
Organiser & Contact Person
Malaysian Export Academy
306, Block C, Glomac Business Centre,
Jalan SS 6/1, Kelana Jaya,
47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Contact: Hj. Moh’d Ali
Tel: 03-7806 5595 / 96
Fax: 03-7806 5913