Date: 10 September 2012
Time: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
Venue: Eastin Hotel, Petaling Jaya
Most of us have sat through a meeting madly scribbling what we thought were minutes only to find out later that we’ve missed essential information or that the notes were never used. The success of a meeting rests, not just with the discussion and decisions taken, but also with accurate recording taking meeting minutes of what has taken place and what action is required. After all, if people can’t remember or agree on what actually occurred at a meeting, how can the group effectively accomplish its objectives? Do you question what information you should record and what you should leave out? You’re not alone.
This program will enable participants to understand their role as a minute taker and techniques for producing minutes that include all the essential information needed.
At the end of the course participants shall be able to:
- Recognise the importance of taking minutes
- Identify the responsibilities of the minute taker
- Sort out facts
- Be selective in recording information
- Have the confidence to ask for clarification
- Layout information in a style suited to them
- Remedy many of the complaints that beset minute takers
- Module 1:
- Objectives of meetings
- Components of an effective meeting
- Module 2:
- The Role of a Minute Taker
- Essential Skills of a Minute Taker
- Module 3:
- Note Taking – What’s Important and What’s Not
- Meeting Agreements
- Choice of Words & Terminology
- Module 4:
- Format & layout of the minutes
- 6 steps – Checklist (before , during & after the meeting)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone who needs to take factual records of meetings, Admin assistant, Secretaries, Human Resource and Corporate Communications.
An interactive and practical approach incorporating group discussions/exercises and presentations.
RM 750.00 per person –SBL Claimable (includes Lunch, Tea-Breaks, Course Notes and Certificate of Completion)
- LLB (HONS) – University Of London.
- MBA (INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT) –Asia Pacific International Institute New Zealand.
- CERTIFICATE IN STRATEGIC HR TRANSFORMATION & ORGANISATION DEVELOPMENT – Pennsylvania State University
- CERTIFICATION IN TRAINING (TTT/2776) – Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad
Vanaja has over 18 years of working experience in various industries ranging from Education, Telecommunication, Property Development and Construction. She assumed positions as Head of Customer Quality Control, Head of Business Architecture, Head of Human Resource Development, Head of Organisation Development and also as a Lecturer.
Some of the portfolios that she has undertaken during her tenure in the various organisations includes :- Writing policies & procedures, Setting up departments, Implementing Human Resources initiatives, Conducting customer satisfaction surveys, Organisation health assessments, Establishing Company driven goals & objectives, Implementing Quality initiatives, Complaints/Grievance Management, Recruitment & Selection, Learning & Growth initiatives, Standardization of methods and practices, Induction Programs, Creating and implementing Change Management plans that minimize employee resistance and maximize employee engagement.
She strongly believes in People Management Practices and Learning & Growth principle as being one of the key elements for organisations to succeed. She has acted as change agent, with a flair for spotting, analyzing problems and opportunities to guide top management in their efforts to transform and change the culture in the organisation.
Her area of expertise is to train & develop the company’s internal capacity through its people to most efficiently and effectively sustain itself over the long term as well as developing & implementing organisational transformation strategy intended to change the beliefs, attitudes, values and structure of organizations so that they can better adapt to new challenges.
Organiser & Contact Person
Malaysian Export Academy
306, Block C, Glomac Business Centre,
Jalan SS 6/1, Kelana Jaya,
47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Contact: Hj. Moh’d Ali
Tel: 03-7806 5595 / 96
Fax: 03-7806 5913