Date: 14 August 2014
Venue: Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur
Ticket Price: Normal Price 1800 per pax
Electronic Commerce or e-Commerce is loosely defined as the selling and buying of goods and services, be it conventional or digital, through the internet. The flexible framework of e-Commerce encompasses digital marketing, mobile commerce, social commerce, automated data collection, electronic data interchange and electronic funds transfer amongst others.
Malaysia’s enabling regulatory environment, strong banking sector and high internet and mobile penetration rates are highly conducive to e-Commerce. Furthermore, ICT infrastructure has been earmarked for an investment boost next year with the government pushing towards a digital economy via the Digital Transformation Programme (Digital Malaysia) spearheaded by the Multimedia Development Corporation, which has identified e-Commerce as a sub-sector for further growth. Euromonitor International expects the Malaysian e-commerce market to grow to RM1.9billion by 2016.
Given its flexible framework, e-Commerce has vast application possibilities across businesses and industries such as retail, tourism, healthcare and financial services. Furthermore, e-Commerce encompasses a large ecosystem of supporting activities such as payment gateways, information and communication technology, and security and fraud prevention solutions.
Key issues that will be addressed at this conference include the outlook for Malaysia’s e-Commerce space, the need to increase the involvement of SMEs in e-Commerce, the exciting opportunities opened up by m-Commerce, the growing emphasis on data integrity and security and also the sharing of experiences by pioneers who have succeeded.
This conference is intended as a timely platform to provide industry updates, expert insights and practical knowledge, and also as a conduit for networking, sharing and forming strategic partnerships amongst e-Commerce pioneers and thought leaders as well as business owners and senior executives of public and private enterprises involved in e-Commerce and its supporting activities.
Key Topics Include:
SESSION 1 – Government and Industry Roundtable: The Outlook for Malaysia’s E-Commerce Space
- Mr Pranabesh Nath (Moderator) – Associate Director, Consulting, ICT Practice, Asia Pacific, Frost & Sullivan
- Mr Giulio Xiloyannis (Panellist), Managing Director, ZALORA Malaysia
- Ms Ng Wan Peng (Panellist), Chief Operating Officer, Multimedia Development Corporation (MDeC)
SESSION 2 – A Necessary Progression: E-Commerce for SMEs
- Mr Teh Kee Sin (Chairperson), President, SMI Association of Malaysia
SESSION 3 – The Next Frontier: M-Commerce
- Mr Giulio Xiloyannis (Speaker), Managing Director, ZALORA Malaysia
SESSION 4 – Data is Everything! Ensuring Data Integrity and Security
- Ms Carrine Teoh Chooi Shi (Speaker), Head of Product Development & Marketing, CyberSecurity Malaysia
SESSION 5 – Netrepreneur Roundtable: The Journey toward Success
- Mr Fong Wai Hong (Panellist), Chieftain, StoreHub and former MD, OzHut
Who should attend?
- Business Owners
- Chairmen, Presidents, CEOs and MDs
- CIOs, CTOs, COOs, Directors and Senior Managers in e-Commerce, ICT, Legal, Finance, e-Payment or m-Payment, Security and Fraud Prevention, Sales and Marketing, Supply Chain and other related areas
- Professionals and Solution Providers from Banks and Financial Institutions, Telecoms Networks, ICT Services, Legal Services, e-Payment or m-Payment Gateways, Risk Management, Security and Fraud Prevention Services and other related areas
- Senior Government Officials
- Analysts, Auditors and Consultants
Why you should attend?
- Gain fresh insights on the latest trends, technologies and strategies from the perspectives of regulators and key players to understand how Malaysia is moving forward in the e-Commerce space to better position your business for success
- Understand about the challenges and opportunities available in the e-Commerce space and how these will impact your business
- Learn from the experts to address your concerns on e-commerce and prepare your business for adoption to reach out to new markets and capture new revenue streams
- Recognise the potential and possibilities opened up by m-commerce for your business as it is the fastest growing segment of e-commerce
- Get tips from successful netrepreneurs to expand your horizons and unleash greater possibilities for your business
- Take advantage of opportunities to broaden your network, form partnerships and collaborate with other e-Commerce businesses as well as supporting businesses