Acknowledged as the most prestigious and representative annual business award, the Golden Bull Award honors the best of SMEs in Malaysia by giving them due recognition for their hard-earned success and outstanding achievements. Organised by Nanyang Siang Pau, the Award aims to provide an effective platform to benchmark successful SMEs and to inspire more SMEs to strive for excellence and accomplishment.
Golden Bull Award is a testament to a rising trend of awareness and recognition towards the importance of SMEs in spearheading the continued economic growth of Malaysia.
The Epitome of Golden Bull Trophy
The Golden Bull Award is a symbol of outstanding SMEs that deserve recognition for their achievements.
The Bull represents energy and determination, with its inner strength patiently waiting to be unleashed given the right motivation. It tirelessly paces its path to success, one firm step at a time. Outstanding SMEs share these same characteristics.
Glittering Gold signifies success. The Golden Bull therefore symbolizes the worthiness of each outstanding SME which has made a name for itself and solidly made its mark on the corporate and commercial landscape.
The Golden bull is mounted on a star shinning bright on the world denoting the readiness of outstanding SMEs to take on the challenges of globalization.
The Pentagram – the five-pointed crystal star, an ancient symbol of “Truth”, symbolize the five human benchmarkis of achievement – Perseverance, Confidence, Diligence, Dynamic and Innovation.
The Golden Bull Award is also crystal clear, symbolizing transparency, which is necessary to insure a level playing field for all nominees.
Competition is the foundation upon which excellence is built. Golden Bull Award aims to:
- Complement the efforts of the National SME Development Council in promoting and strengthening the coordinated development of SMEs across all sectors towards domestic-led growth of Malaysia.
- Promote the development of SMEs as the catalysts of economic growth and domestic investments, enabling them to resume the role as the growth engine of Malaysia.
- Pay tribute to the winning SMEs for their hard-earned success and well-deserved recognition.
- Instill a culture of benchmarking among SMEs and encourage them to learn the success formula from the winning SMEs.
- Encourage more SMEs to increase their productivity and quality through modern management skills, ICT, research and development (R & D), human resources development, financial management, etc.
- Equip SMEs in facing the challenges and opportunities arising from globalization and trade liberalization.
Exclusive Benefits + Rights
The winning SMEs will:
- be honoured with the Golden Bull Award 2011 trophy and a certificate at the grand Award Presentation Ceremony
- be authorized to use the Golden Bull Award 2011 logo on their corporate collaterals
- gain valuable exposure, trust, recognition and networking opportunities with other entrepreneurs and business fraternity
- receive exclusive publicity coverage from Nanyang Siang Pau, Nanyang On-line and other supporting media
- be provided with opportunities to promote their businesses through international trade offices and associations, thus opening doors to global markets and creating reliable trade and business leads
- be automatically recruited as the member of the SME International Cooperation Association of Malaysia for a period of two years and be part of its global SME network
- receive one-year complimentary business membership from Trademal.com ~ Sourcing Malaysia, Malaysia’s premium trade portal
- enjoy publicity of company profile in Golden Bull Award’s website www.goldenbullaward.com
- enjoy special advertising rate from Nanyang Siang Pau for a period of one year
- Criteria: SMEs with annual sales turnover of RM5 million and above up to RM75 million in the last three financial years. For service and service related sectors, the maximum annual sales turnover is RM10 million in the last three financial years.
- No. of winners: 100
- Criteria: SMEs with annual sales turnover below RM5 million in the last three financial years.
- No. of winners: 20
Super Golden Bull
This ultimate Award is conferred upon SME(s) which have achieved most extraordinary achievement and great eminence in terms of sales performance and business growth, benchmarking and championing the standards of excellence and distinction among all SMEs.
- SMEs with annual sales turnover of RM75 million and above up to RM150 million in the last three financial years.
- SMEs from manufacturing sector – not more than 150 full time employees
- SMEs from services and trading sectors – not more than 50 employees
- Number of winners will be based on the performance of nomination enties. Where there are no deserving companies in this category, there will be no winners or vice versa.
- No. of winners: 10
- Golden Bull ICT Transformation Award
Golden Bull ICT Transformation Award
ICT adoption and integration into today’s businesses continue to accelerate at a rapid pace, becoming an indispensable tool for them to effectively increase productivity and expand their business. Taking cognizance of its importance to a company from daily operations to strategic planning, this Award specially presented by Telekom Malaysia is to recognize SMEs for their exponential growth and outstanding achievements through effective implementation of ICT solution.
- Criteria: SMEs have successfully transformed themselves into high-growth companies through adoption of ICT in the areas of Advertising and Promotion, Sales and Marketing, Management Efficiency & Communications
- No. of winners: 3
Official Site: GoldenBullAward.com